To assist the chef and other kitchen staff in the preparation and serving of all meals within the village community.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Experience or qualifications in Food preparation and service;
- Current First Aid Certificate;
- Experience in working with the elderly;
- Active Listening;
- Customer Service skills;
- Social Perceptiveness;
- NSW Police Criminal History Check to work in Aged Care.
- Ability to follow instructions and accept direction as required.
- Contribute to Continuous improvement of service delivery.
- Adhere to policies and processes for food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked correctly.
- Assist Head Chef in stock controls, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Advise Head Chef with any resident requests.
- Assist in the preparation and cooking of meals.
- Work seamlessly with other kitchen hands to ensure the ultimate service is provided to residents.
- Previous cooking experience.
- Enjoy practical work.
- Good hand eye coordination.
- Ability to work quickly and safely with minimal supervision.
- Good personal hygiene.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- To assist in achieving the highest possible level of Community Vitality through the preparation and service of meals to residents and the dining experience generally.
- Maintain a clean kitchen.
- To contribute to building village culture leading to goodwill between all parties which generates positive word of mouth within the village community and broader community.
- To contribute toward highest possible levels of Resident Satisfaction at the village.
- To assist to minimize any complaints relating to food quality and service within the community.
- Enhance the wellbeing of residents.
- Prepare Food as directed
- Wash and clean all utensils, dishes, pots and pans and ensure they are stored properly
- Handle, sort and serve meals.
- Wash, peel, chop, cut and cook foodstuffs and assist with preparation of salads, sandwiches and desserts.
- Prepare and maintain Dining room in a clean, safe and precise manner.
- Sort and dispose of rubbish and recycling.
- Organise laundering of kitchen linen.
- Clean food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools and areas.
- Assist with ordering food and other supplies.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Record production and operational data on forms as required.