Posted 3 years ago
To assist the chef and other kitchen staff in the preparation and serving of all meals within the village community.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Experience or qualifications in Food preparation and service;
- Current First Aid Certificate;
- Experience in working with the elderly;
- Active Listening;
- Customer Service skills;
- Social Perceptiveness;
- NSW Police Criminal History Check to work in Aged Care.
- Ability to follow instructions and accept direction as required.
- Contribute to Continuous improvement of service delivery.
- Adhere to policies and processes for food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked correctly.
- Assist Head Chef in stock controls, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Advise Head Chef with any resident requests.
- Assist in the preparation and cooking of meals.
- Work seamlessly with other kitchen hands to ensure the ultimate service is provided to residents.
- Previous cooking experience.
- Enjoy practical work.
- Good hand eye coordination.
- Ability to work quickly and safely with minimal supervision.
- Good personal hygiene.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- To assist in achieving the highest possible level of Community Vitality through the preparation and service of meals to residents and the dining experience generally.
- Maintain a clean kitchen.
- To contribute to building village culture leading to goodwill between all parties which generates positive word of mouth within the village community and broader community.
- To contribute toward highest possible levels of Resident Satisfaction at the village.
- To assist to minimize any complaints relating to food quality and service within the community.
- Enhance the wellbeing of residents.
- Prepare Food as directed
- Wash and clean all utensils, dishes, pots and pans and ensure they are stored properly
- Handle, sort and serve meals.
- Wash, peel, chop, cut and cook foodstuffs and assist with preparation of salads, sandwiches and desserts.
- Prepare and maintain Dining room in a clean, safe and precise manner.
- Sort and dispose of rubbish and recycling.
- Organise laundering of kitchen linen.
- Clean food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools and areas.
- Assist with ordering food and other supplies.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Record production and operational data on forms as required.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the Careers Application Form on our Forms page and submit it along with your resume to [email protected]