Certificate/ Diploma/ Degree in Nursing
Current registration with AHPRA Division 1 (with no restrictions)
HOURS OF WORK:
As per Letter of Appointment
Performance appraisals are conducted as follow.
- After the first 6 months of employment (the probationary period).
- Then yearly in accordance with this position description or more often at the discretion of the Facility Manager.
MAIN FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ensuring that daily care of residents is carried out and documented accurately to reflect the care and assistance level provided.
- Administer medications as per the doctor.
- Evaluate individual care needs on a regular basis and ensure that changing care needs are identified; sufficiently assessed and appropriate interventions are carried out timely. These care needs and interventions are then transferred to the resident’s care plans.
- Participate in Resident Care Conference as per schedule.
- Participate in Family Conferences as directed by management.
- Ensure new resident’s entry processes are completed properly and timely.
- Carry out and/ or ensure all required assessments are carried out to form basis for care plans development.
- Carry out care plan evaluations as per schedule and make necessary changes.
- Carry out all complex clinical and health care needs for residents as per plan.
- Ensure all documentation reflect the care/ treatment that has been provided for the resident in a timely manner.
Administration and Staff Management
- Work independently and efficiently, without constant supervision by Management.
- Ensure clinical and medical records are kept in good order in their files.
- Ensure all documentation pertaining to resident is accurate and complete on a timely manner.
- Ensure the work environment is kept clean, neat and safe at all times.
- Participate in employee performance appraisal at the request of management from time to time.
- Provide supervision to AIN to ensure their daily duties are carried out properly as per their position descriptions and duty statements.
- Provide supervision to ensure employee allocations are complied with on a shift to shift basis and make necessary changes in accordance to employee skills mix to residents when required in a fair manner.
- Communicate effectively with all employees, residents, representatives, medical practitioners and allied health professionals, fostering team work within a caring environment.
- Liaise with/ report to management on identified issues timely where required.
- Supervise to ensure work practices are within safety, policies and good practices.
Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Actively participate in quality and continuous improvement activities to assist in the ongoing achievement of accreditation and improving quality resident care.
- Report to management all identified deficits timely.
- Attend to all necessary meetings as displayed on the notice board.
- Check and read all memorandums issued by management in a timely manner.
- Promote and ensure other employees’ practices are within the Infection Control manual at all times.
Work Health and Safety
- Ensure a safe, secure environment, in accordance with Work Health and Safety guidelines and Fire Regulations for employees, residents and visitors.
- Responsible for ensuring that incidents/accidents and hazardous issues are brought to the attention of management and documented on relevant forms timely.
- Attend compulsory fire and evacuation drills and training.
- Promote and ensure safe work practices at all times.Education and Development
- Must maintain at least 20 hours of CPD (Continuing Professional Development) per year that is relevant to the context of registration for practice.
- Attend regular meetings to keep information up to date.
- Ensure own skills and professional development through participation in external activities and educational forums in changing requirements for aged care.
- Attend all compulsory training and meetings.