Posted 3 years ago
Certificate/ Diploma/ Degree in Nursing
Current registration with AHPRA Division 1 (with no restrictions)
HOURS OF WORK:
As per Letter of Appointment
Performance appraisals are conducted as follow.
- After the first 6 months of employment (the probationary period).
- Then yearly in accordance with this position description or more often at the discretion of the Facility Manager.
MAIN FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ensuring that daily care of residents is carried out and documented accurately to reflect the care and assistance level provided.
- Administer medications as per the doctor.
- Evaluate individual care needs on a regular basis and ensure that changing care needs are identified; sufficiently assessed and appropriate interventions are carried out timely. These care needs and interventions are then transferred to the resident’s care plans.
- Participate in Resident Care Conference as per schedule.
- Participate in Family Conferences as directed by management.
- Ensure new resident’s entry processes are completed properly and timely.
- Carry out and/ or ensure all required assessments are carried out to form basis for care plans development.
- Carry out care plan evaluations as per schedule and make necessary changes.
- Carry out all complex clinical and health care needs for residents as per plan.
- Ensure all documentation reflect the care/ treatment that has been provided for the resident in a timely manner.
Administration and Staff Management
- Work independently and efficiently, without constant supervision by Management.
- Ensure clinical and medical records are kept in good order in their files.
- Ensure all documentation pertaining to resident is accurate and complete on a timely manner.
- Ensure the work environment is kept clean, neat and safe at all times.
- Participate in employee performance appraisal at the request of management from time to time.
- Provide supervision to AIN to ensure their daily duties are carried out properly as per their position descriptions and duty statements.
- Provide supervision to ensure employee allocations are complied with on a shift to shift basis and make necessary changes in accordance to employee skills mix to residents when required in a fair manner.
- Communicate effectively with all employees, residents, representatives, medical practitioners and allied health professionals, fostering team work within a caring environment.
- Liaise with/ report to management on identified issues timely where required.
- Supervise to ensure work practices are within safety, policies and good practices.
Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Actively participate in quality and continuous improvement activities to assist in the ongoing achievement of accreditation and improving quality resident care.
- Report to management all identified deficits timely.
- Attend to all necessary meetings as displayed on the notice board.
- Check and read all memorandums issued by management in a timely manner.
- Promote and ensure other employees’ practices are within the Infection Control manual at all times.
Work Health and Safety
- Ensure a safe, secure environment, in accordance with Work Health and Safety guidelines and Fire Regulations for employees, residents and visitors.
- Responsible for ensuring that incidents/accidents and hazardous issues are brought to the attention of management and documented on relevant forms timely.
- Attend compulsory fire and evacuation drills and training.
- Promote and ensure safe work practices at all times.Education and Development
- Must maintain at least 20 hours of CPD (Continuing Professional Development) per year that is relevant to the context of registration for practice.
- Attend regular meetings to keep information up to date.
- Ensure own skills and professional development through participation in external activities and educational forums in changing requirements for aged care.
- Attend all compulsory training and meetings.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the Careers Application Form on our Forms page and submit it along with your resume to [email protected]